Do you suffer from dry, cracked lips? Interested in making your own lip balm but don’t know where to start? Then this simple yet delicious smelling DIY lip balm is perfect for you to make for yourself or as a gift.
I don’t know about you but no matter what the time of the year is, my lips always need some extra care.
The lip area is one area many of us forget about. We moisturise our face and neck but tend to leave our lips out of this routine.
With this simple recipe, you can create a product that will be hard to forget. It will also help your chocolate indulgence last longer without the weight gain, win-win!
Mint Chocolate DIY Lip Balm
As with any homemade products, please try these in a small area prior to using. If you know you are allergic to any ingredients then please do no try this recipe. If you are on any medication, please seek medical advice before trying any homemade product.
- 1 tsp beeswax, pearls or grated
- 1/2 tbsp shea butter
- 1/2 tbsp cocoa butter
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp vitamin E oil or 2 vitamin E capsules punctured
- 3 drops of peppermint essential oil
- Melt the shea butter and cocoa butted in a bowl over warm water at very low heat. Stir occasionally.
- Add beeswax and stir until completely melted.
- Remove the mixture from the heat. Add the essential oil, honey, vitamin E and cocoa powder, whisking all the time.
- Once everything is completely mixed together and smooth, transfer to a sterile lip balm pot and leave for 3 hours to set.