Skincare is part of our everyday routine. Whether you simply wash your face with soap and water or invest in the latest anti-ageing range, you will be putting some effort into looking after your face. But have you ever thought about creating your own DIY Skincare?
As I shared in my last DIY post creating your own Lavender Salt Scrub, creating your own beauty products isn’t as hard as it might seem. More often than not you will already have most of the ingredients in your cupboard.
In today’s DIY project I will be raiding our store cupboards again for the ingredients for this easy to make cleansing gel which contains Chamomile.
Chamomile is a herb that many of you will be familiar with. Some of us will have enjoyed it as an infusion, through drinking the tea. It is renown for its soothing properties, helping to calm and relax. This is also true when used in this recipe.
Flaxseed is another important ingredient in this cleanser. This is what gives the cleanser the gel quality.
Oats are also a key player in this recipe as they are what help remove dirt and gently exfoliates the skin whilst apply the cleanser. Oats are also great for skincare as they have moisturising properties.
DIY Skincare: Chamomile Cleansing Gel
1 Chamomile herbal tea bag
1 cup of water
2 tsp whole flax-seed
1/2 cup rolled oats, ground finely in a blender
- Boil the water in a saucepan and remove from heat. Add the tea bag and let it stew for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bag and add the flax seeds and return to the heat and reboil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a sterile glass jar.
- To use, sprinkle a small number of oats into the palm of your hand and mix with the flax gel mixture. Massage into face and rinse well.
- Store both the flax gel and ground oats in separate containers in your fridge and they will keep for a few weeks.
Keep popping back for more DIY beauty recipes…